11.14.2008

Who else is addicted to this?

WELCOME TO SCRAPAHOLICS ANONYMOUS

"Hi I'm Katrina and.... I'm a scrapaholic."


"Hi Katrina."

1.) I admit that I have become powerless over paper, ribbon and cute embellishments.

2.) I believe that a Power greater than myself can restore me to sanity. (Wait.... do I even want to be sane if it means giving up my Cricut?)

3. I made a decision to turn my will and life over to the care of God (even though He's the one who gave me the creativity gene in the first place!)

4. I made a searching and fearless moral inventory of myself. (and came up with more paper than I know what to do with, stamps and stamp pads that haven't even been opened in the years I've owned them, a drawer entirely dedicated to rub-ons, and ribbon coming out of places I won't mention!)

5. I admitted to God, to myself, and to another human being the exact nature of my wrongs. (But my best friend keeps encouraging me anyways...)

6. I am entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. (Wait a minute... is that really required? Defects of character... really? I thought everyone based their worth on how many scrapbooking tools they had!)

7. I humbly asked Him to remove my shortcomings. (Dear Lord... please help me to never again just dump all my scraps and clippings on the floor while I work until I can't walk away without it all clinging to the bottom of my socks. Please enable me to remember to put the cap back on my glue and find all the eyelets I dropped on the floor that got lost in the scraps.)

8. I made a list of all persons I had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all. (Oh dear, sweet husband...)

9. I made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. (Wouldn't everyone be more hurt/injured if I didn't give them cute, personalized cards and scrapbooks to enjoy?)

10. I continued to take personal inventory and when I was wrong promptly admitted it. (Yeah... you're right... that ribbon really doesn't match.)

11. I sought through prayer and meditation to improve my conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry that out. (God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change (the things already glued down), courage to change the things I can (the trashed floor and disorganized paper), and the wisdom to know the difference.)

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, I tried to carry this message to other scrapaholics and to practice these principles in all my affairs. (Well, here it is, other scrapaholics!)


KEEP COMING BACK!

IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT!

No comments: